By purchasing Simon’s Reagent SIN Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
Simon’s reagent is one of the secondary tests for MDMA/MDA (Ecstasy) and meth/amphetamine. It helps confirm any secondary amine, like methamphetamine, MDMA, or highly toxic PMMA. Simon’s Reagent SIN Test Kit comes with instructions and apps for over 100 substances. Every bottle contains 5 or 10 ml, with each 1 drop accounting for 1 use, 100-200 total. High-quality HDPE protects reagents from light and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special dropper guarantees 0 spills, to pour a drop gently squeeze the bottle.
Simon’s reagent is a mixture of water, acetaldehyde, sodium nitroprusside, and sodium carbonate. It’s a 2 part test, one part on its own is orange and the other colorless. It’s best to use Simon’s reagent to test PMMA vs PMA, MDMA vs MDA, or meth/amphetamine, but it’s also a good test for mephedrone and other secondary amines.
NOTE: Simon’s reagent deteriorates with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If you are uncertain whether the reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
Are you still looking for the best reagent test kit? See more HERE.
NOTE: Simon’s can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance.
Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible. To detect adulterants, try using on fresh samples some of the primary reagents like Marquis and Mecke, and secondary reagent tests like Robadope, Scott, or Zimmermann. If you don’t know yet how to test using Simon’s reagent, see the following instructions:
- On a clean ceramic surface (e.g. bottom of a mug or a plate) prepare a sample no bigger than this size -> ●
- Carefully not to touch the sample with the bottle, remove the cap from bottle A, twist the bottle upside-down and squeeze 1 drop out of the bottle. Replace the cap. Repeat with bottle B.
- Immediately observe the color change and compare it with Simon’s color chart. No reaction within the first 30 seconds or unexpected results indicate the sample doesn’t contain the expected substance or is adulterated.
- Flush the reaction in a sink under running water.
No reaction can be caused by PMA, MDA, MDPV, amphetamine, caffeine and many other substances (or lack of active ingredient).
CHECK TESTDRUGS APPS – TestDrugs.info
Common Simon’s color reactions:
- PMMA – immediate navy blue (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- MDMA – immediate navy blue (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- Methamphetamine – immediate navy blue (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke)
- Mephedrone – light blue, navy blue spots (needs tests Marquis and/or Mecke and Zimmermann)
Find the best reagent test kits HERE.
Simon’s reagent consists mostly of toxic chemicals. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water, ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate if it is safe. No substance is 100% safe.