By purchasing the SIN Mecke Reagent Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
Mecke reagent is one of the primary tests for MDMA/MDA (Ecstasy), meth/amphetamine, ketamine, opioids, tryptamines, and phenethylamines. It’s a very useful reagent but it has a relatively short shelf life. SIN Mecke Reagent Test Kit comes with instructions and apps for over 500 substances. Every bottle contains 5 or 10 ml, with each 1 drop accounting for 1 use, 100-200 total. Brown amber glass protects reagents from light, plastic, and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special high-quality HDPE dropper guarantees 0 spills.
The Mecke reagent is a mixture of sulphuric acid and selenious acid. On its own it is colorless. It’s best to use Mecke reagent to test MDMA, MDA, 2C-B, meth/amphetamine, or opioids, but it’s also a good test for benzofurans, cathinones, cocaine, tryptamines, and phenethylamines.
NOTE: Mecke reagent turns dark with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If you are uncertain whether the reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
Are you still looking for the best reagent test kit? See more HERE.
NOTE: Mecke can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance.
Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible. To detect adulterants, try using on fresh samples secondary reagent tests like Robadope, Simon’s, Scott or Zimmermann. If you don’t know yet how to test using Mecke reagent, see the following instructions:
- On a clean ceramic surface (e.g. bottom of a mug or a plate) prepare a sample no bigger than this size -> ●
- Carefully not to touch the sample with the bottle, remove the cap, twist the bottle upside-down and wait for 1 drop to fall. Replace the cap.
- Immediately observe the color change and compare it with the Mecke color chart. No reaction within the first 30 seconds or unexpected results indicate the sample doesn’t contain the expected substance or is adulterated.
- Neutralize the reaction with baking soda (optional) and flush in a sink under running water for a few minutes.
No reaction can be caused by amphetamine, many cathinones, but also cocaine, caffeine and other substances (or lack of active ingredient).
CHECK TESTDRUGS APPS – TestDrugs.info
Common Mecke color reactions:
- 2C-B – yellow to orange (needs Robadope test)
- DMT / DET – yellow to green (needs tests Ehrlich and Hofmann)
- DOC / DOM – green to brown (needs Robadope test)
- DXM – yellow
- MDMA / MDA – immediate green to black (needs tests Simon’s and/or Robadope)
- MDPV / HEXEN / BK-EBDP – yellow (needs tests Zimmermann and Simon’s)
- Butylone / Methylone – orange to brown (needs tests Zimmermann and Simon’s)
- Methamphetamine – yellow (needs Simon’s test)
- Oxycodone – beige / pale olive
- Codeine / Morphine / Heroin – green to greenish-blue
Find the best reagent test kits HERE.
Mecke reagent consists mostly of concentrated acid and is strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda (supplied), ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate if it is safe. No substance is 100% safe.