By purchasing SIN MDMA Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
MDMA TEST KIT
MDMA Test Kit comes with 4 reagents for „Ecstasy” as well as its common adulterants. It is used to positively identify MDMA, MDA, meth/amphetamines, 2C-B/C/H/I, 5-MAPB, 6-APB, 6-APDB, and to rule out cathinones, DXM, PMA/PMMA, and different, less predictable and less desirable, highly toxic dangerous drugs. Multiple reagents are required to detect adulterants and increase analysis precision.
The MDMA Test Kit instructions and apps feature over 550 substances. Every bottle contains 5 or 10 ml, with each 1 drop accounting for 1 use, 100-200 total. High-quality HDPE and brown amber glass bottles protect reagents from light and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special dropper guarantees 0 spills. For extra-stealth ask us in the checkout notes to remove substance-related stickers and fliers.
SIN MDMA Test Kit consists of 4 reagents: Marquis, Mecke, Robadope and Simon’s. It’s best to use this set for MDMA, MDA, 2C-B or meth/amphetamine, but it’s also good for benzofurans, cathinones, and opioids.
NOTE: Reagents deteriorate with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If you are uncertain whether a reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
Are you still looking for the best reagent test kit? See more HERE.
NOTE: MDMA Test Kit can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance. Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible.
TL;DR: Here is an image with a quick cheat sheet how to use the MDMA test kit, or check out more detailed guide on how to test MDMA further below.
How can I test MDMA?
BEFORE using an MDMA reagent test kit
- It’s RECOMMENDED to record the reaction to compare later
STEP ONE for testing MDMA pills / capsules / powder / crystals
- Take and finely crush a small piece, no bigger than a head of a needle – like this •.
- Put it on a suitable testing plate, preferably a spot test plate or the bottom/underside of a ceramic mug (example). *If using single-use vials insert the sample and observe, as the reagent is already within.
- Add one (or two) drops of Marquis reagent test (or other supplied) on the sample and wait for the results.
- Check reagent test results with instructions.
How to use an MDMA test kit?
- Check test results with Marquis test kit: if testing MDxx (MDMA, MDA or MDEA) the color of the reaction should be instant black. It can look brownish or purple for a few seconds before turning fully black.
- MDxx turn all the following reagent tests black: Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin, Liebermann and Froehde.
- To tell apart MDMA and MDA use Simon’s test kit, which turns navy blue with any secondary amine like MDMA, methamphetamine, PMMA or methylone or mephedrone (cathinones change color slower than the rest).
STEP TWO testing MDMA for adulterants
According to EMCDDA and Ecstasydata.org pills that do contain MDMA are almost never ‘adulterated’ with something else besides caffeine.
- To detect MDMA adulterants you can use test kits Robadope (for 2C-x, amphetamine, MDA or PMA) and Zimmermann (for a-PVP and 4-MMC derivatives). They react to primary amines and secondary and tertiary cathinones, but not to MDMA.
AFTER using an MDMA test kit
- OPTIONAL: Pour baking soda over a finished reaction to neutralize used reagents.
- Wash testing surface under running water.
- Purple color. The usually referenced purple to black Marquis test kit color can often look more brownish. Pay attention to how instant was the color change to black, rather than to the exact initial hue.
- Fizzing. Any synthetic drug in a form of salt will bubble with most reagent tests, which are strong acids. If you see only fizzing instead of color change, that can indicate presence of a new psychoactive substance.
- Speed of the reaction does not indicate quantity nor purity. However, if you are having trouble interpreting your result try using a bigger sample or crushing it better before testing.
- How many tests can you get from one test kit? A multiple-use test kit lasts up to 100 (5 ml) or 200 (10 ml) tests. Each drop equals one test. A single use-test kit contains 2 disposable ampoules (2 tests).
All MDMA test results:
|MARQUIS||Instant Violet / Brown > Black|
|MECKE||Instant Green > Black|
|MANDELIN||Instant Blue > Black|
|LIEBERMANN||Instant Brown > Black|
|FROEHDE||Instant Yellow/Green > Dark Blue > Black|
|EHRLICH||No color change|
|HOFMANN||No color change|
|ROBADOPE||No color change|
|SCOTT||No full color change|
How to check if reagent for testing MDMA works?
- Test any substance and compare color reactions with instructions. It’s easiest to use aspirin – Marquis reagent reacts to it with a slow pink color change.
- Keep a sample to compare later in case of doubt. If control sample reacts fine, it means the reagent still works.
Looking where to buy a different reagent test for MDMA?
- Single-use MDMA test kit – 3,9 EUR per test, FREE SHIPPING
- Multiple-use reagents – individual reagents, just cents per test
- Fentanyl test strips – learn how to test MDMA for fentanyl
- …or check out the guide “What is the best reagent test?” and choose from all available SIN reagent test kits
Reagents consist mostly of concentrated acid and are strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda (supplied), ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate if it is safe. No substance is 100% safe.