By purchasing SIN Ketamine Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
KETAMINE TEST KIT
Ketamine Test Kit comes with 4 reagents for ketamine as well as its common adulterants. It is used to positively identify ketamine, DCK, 2-Oxo-PCE, MXE, MXP and to rule out 2C-B, DOx, NBOMe, NBOH, PMA/PMMA, and different, less predictable and less desirable, highly toxic dangerous drugs. Multiple reagents are required to detect adulterants and increase analysis precision.
The Ketamine Test Kit instructions and apps feature over 500 substances. Every bottle contains 5 or 10 ml, with each 1 drop accounting for 1 use, 100-200 total. High-quality HDPE and brown amber glass bottles protect reagents from light and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special dropper guarantees 0 spills. For extra-stealth ask us in the checkout notes to remove substance-related stickers and fliers.
SIN Ketamine Test Kit consists of 4 reagents: Mecke, Liebermann, Mandelin, and Froehde. It’s best to use this set for ketamine and other dissociatives, but it’s also good for meth/amphetamines, cocaine and opioids.
NOTE: Reagents deteriorate with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If you are uncertain whether a reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
Are you still looking for the best reagent test? See all drug testing kits HERE.
NOTE: Ketamine Test Kit can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance. Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible.
TL;DR: Here is an image with a quick cheat sheet how to use the Ketamine Test Kit, or check out more detailed guide on how to test methamphetamine further below.
How can I test ketamine?
BEFORE using a ketamine test kit
- It’s RECOMMENDED to record the reaction to compare later
STEP ONE for testing ketamine powder / crystals
- Take and finely crush a small piece, no bigger than a head of a needle – like this •.
- Put it on a suitable testing plate, preferably a spot test plate or the bottom/underside of a ceramic mug (example). *If using single-use vials insert the sample and observe, as the reagent is already within.
- Add one (or two) drops of Mandelin reagent test (or other supplied) on the sample and wait for the results.
- Check reagent test results in instructions.
How to use a ketamine test kit?
- Check test results starting with Mandelin test kit: if testing ketamine the color change reaction should go from orange to brown.
STEP TWO testing ketamine for adulterants
According to the EMCDDA most common ketamine adulterants are caffeine, creatine and novel dissociatives. The latter can be detected with reagents.
- Try reagents that that should NOT change color with ketamine: Marquis, Mecke, Froehde, Robadope (for 2C-x, amphetamine, MDA or PMA), Simon’s (for cathinones, methamphetamine, MDMA or PMMA) or Zimmermann (for a-PVP and 4-MMC derivatives).
- Liebermann reagent can also be useful – ketamine should react with a yellow color change.
- Keep in mind that various non active cuts can impact the reagent tests results.
AFTER using a ketamine test kit
- OPTIONAL: Pour baking soda over a finished reaction to neutralize used reagents.
- Wash testing surface under running water.
- Liquid. Evaporate the solvent before testing with reagents.
- Fizzing. Any synthetic drug in a form of salt will bubble with most reagent tests, which are strong acids. If you see only fizzing instead of color change, that can indicate presence of a new psychoactive substance.
- Speed of the reaction does not indicate quantity nor purity. However, if you are having trouble interpreting your result try using a bigger sample or crushing it better before testing.
- How many tests can you get from one test kit? A multiple-use test kit lasts up to 100 (5 ml) or 200 (10 ml) tests. Each drop equals one test. A single use-test kit contains 2 disposable ampoules (2 tests).
All ketamine test results:
|MARQUIS||No color change|
|MECKE||No color change|
|MANDELIN||Orange > Brown|
|FROEHDE||No color change|
|EHRLICH||No color change|
|HOFMANN||No color change|
|SCOTT||No full color change|
How to check if reagent for testing ketamine works?
- Test any substance and compare color reactions with instructions. It’s easiest to use vitamine C – Mandelin reagent reacts to it with a blue color change.
- Keep a sample to compare later in case of doubt. If control sample reacts fine, it means the reagent still works.
Looking where to buy a different test for ketamine?
- Single-use Ketamine Test Kit – 3,9 EUR per test, FREE SHIPPING
- Multiple-use reagents – individual reagents, just cents per test
- Fentanyl test strips – learn how to test ketamine for fentanyl
- …or check out the guide “What is the best reagent test?” and choose from all available SIN reagent test kits
Reagents consist mostly of concentrated acid and are strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda (supplied), ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate if it is safe. No substance is 100% safe.