By purchasing the SIN Ehrlich Reagent Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
Ehrlich reagent is one of the primary tests for lysergamides (e.g. LSD, Acid) and tryptamines (e.g. DMT). It helps rule out 2C-x, DOx, NBOMe or different psychedelic phenethylamines. It reacts the same to every indole-based substance, (e.g. 5-HTP), therefore should always be used together with Hofmann test. SIN Ehrlich Reagent Test Kit comes with instructions and apps for over 100 substances. Every bottle contains 5 or 10 ml, with each 1 drop accounting for 1 use, 100-200 total. Brown amber glass protects reagents from light, plastic, and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special high-quality HDPE dropper guarantees 0 spills.
The Ehrlich reagent is a mixture of hydrochloric acid, alcohol, and para-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde. On its own it is slightly yellow. It’s best to use Ehrlich reagent to test LSD or DMT, but it’s also a good test for all lysergamides and tryptamines.
NOTE: Ehrlich reagent deteriorates with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If are uncertain whether the reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
Are you still looking for the best reagent test kit? See more HERE.
NOTE: Ehrlich can only test the PRESENCE, not PURITY or QUANTITY of a specific substance.
Always test under a strong light and using the smallest possible sample. Never open more than 1 bottle at once, if you make a mistake you might contaminate the reagents and spoil them. If a few reactions are happening at once, only the darkest one of them will be visible. To detect adulterants, try also Hofmann reagent on a fresh sample, and if both don’t react, use also Marquis and/or Mecke. If you don’t know yet how to test using Ehrlich reagent, see the following instructions:
- On a clean ceramic surface (e.g. bottom of a mug or a plate) prepare a sample no bigger than this size -> ●
- Carefully not to touch the sample with the bottle, remove the cap, twist the bottle upside-down and wait for 1 drop to fall. Replace the cap.
- Immediately observe the color change and compare it with the Ehrlich color chart. No reaction within the first 30 seconds or unexpected results indicate the sample doesn’t contain the expected substance or is adulterated.
- Neutralize the reaction with baking soda (optional) and flush in a sink under running water for a few minutes.
No reaction can be caused by 1P-LSD, ALD-52, 2C-x, DOx, NBOMe, N3OMe, NBOH, NBF, and other substances (or lack of active ingredient).
CHECK TESTDRUGS APPS – TestDrugs.info
Common Ehrlich color reactions:
- 5-HTP – pink (needs Hofmann test)
- 4-ACO-DMT – pink (needs tests Hofmann, and/or Marquis and Mecke)
- 4-HO-MET – pink (needs tests Hofmann, and/or Marquis and Mecke)
- DMT – pink (needs tests Hofmann, and/or Marquis and Mecke)
- LSD – pink (needs Hofmann test)
Find the best reagent test kits HERE.
Ehrlich reagent consists mostly of concentrated acid and is strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda (supplied), ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate if it is safe. No substance is 100% safe.