By purchasing SIN CBD & THC Test Kit you support our fight for drug policy based on harm reduction, human rights, and facts, not prejudice.
CBD & THC TEST KIT
SIN CBD & THC Test Kit includes reagents used by Swiss police to distinguish legal cannabis (CBD dominant) from illegal (THC dominant). It is used to positively identify THC or CBD and to rule out different, syntethic, less predictable and less desirable, highly toxic dangerous drugs. This kit can albo be used to test THC potency of herbs, hashish or other extracts and foods.
The CBD & THC Test Kit comes with instructions, accessories, solvent (100 ml for 14 tests) and 2 reagents (for 40 tests). Every reagent bottle contains 5 ml, with each 5 drops accounting for 1 use. High-quality HDPE protects reagents from air and moisture to ensure prolonged shelf life. Special dropper guarantees 0 spills. For extra-stealth ask us in the checkout notes to remove substance-related stickers and fliers.
SIN CBD & THC Reagent Test consists mainly of 2 part reagent: Cannabis A and Cannabis B. It’s best to use this test kit for marijuana (dry herbs) or hashish and other extracts, but it’s also good for fresh flowers, cakes and other cannabis products.
NOTE: Cannabis reagents deteriorate with time, especially if exposed to sunlight or not refrigerated. If you are uncertain whether the CBD & THC reagent will work, test it with a previously checked sample.
Expected cannabis test results:
- Yellow – <5% THC
- Green – 5-10% THC
- Blue – 10-20% THC
- Deep blue – 20+% THC
- Pink / Purple – CBD dominant
Are you still looking for the best reagent test kit? See more HERE.
NOTE: Cannabis reagent can only test the PRESENCE or QUANTITY, not PURITY of a specific substance. For best results compare CBD or THC potency by testing samples side-by-side.
How to use the cannabis test kit?
- Test potency of dry or wet cannabis flowers.
- Test potency of cannabis oils and other extracts.
- Compare THC potency with old samples: test results don’t fade.
- Check for presence of THC to help rule out presence of dangerous adulterants.
TL;DR: Here is an image with a quick cheat sheet how to use the CBD & THC test kit, or check out more detailed guide on how to test THC further below.
How can I test THC & CBD?
BEFORE using a CBD & THC reagent test kit
- It’s RECOMMENDED to use the test under strong light, like daylight.
- Steps 1-4 are required only for testing amount of THC / CBD, not PRESENCE
(1) STEP ONE for testing THC / CBD flowers / extracts / foods
- Weigh. Inside a Glass Vial weigh 100 mg (uncrushed plant material) or 40 mg (extracts). Do not close the Glass Vial.
(2) STEP TWO: heating (decarboxylation)
- Pre heat an oven to 110 °C. Put the open Glass Vial with weighted sample onto a middle rack in the oven. Remove after 60 minutes (30 if using a vacuum oven).
(3) STEP THREE: dissolving
- Crush herbal sample in Glass Vial with a clean tool, e.g. a toothpick.
- Use clean pipette to add 4 ml of the Solvent. Close the Glass Vial lid and shake well. Wait 2 minutes.
(4) STEP FOUR: diluting
- Using pipette add Solvent into a Plastic Dropper Bottle (1,5 ml for herbs or 3,5 ml for extracts).
- Next with the same pipette add 0,5 ml of the dissolved sample from Glass Vial. to Plastic Bottle.
- Close the Plastic Bottle firmly, so that the dropper from inside the cap secures itself in place.
(5) STEP FIVE: test it!
- Open reagents Cannabis A and B and put caps down so they don’t mix.
- Squeeze 1 drop out of Plastic Bottle into a Test Vial. Add 5 drops of Cannabis A, immiedietly followed by 5 drops of Cannabis Reagent B. Close the Test Tube and shake briefly.
- Check results after 60 minutes. Observe test results from a side, with Test Tube half-standing on a white flat surface.
- Extracts’ results should be multiplied by 5, e.g. 8% means around 40%.
AFTER using the CBD & THC Test Kit
- Wash used accessories first with a solvent and next under running water.
- Cannabis B. It is very important to immiedietly add 5 drops of Cannabis reagent B after adding 5 drops of Cannabis reagent A.
- No reaction. If your sample does not react, that indicates no presence of THC or CBD, or an error while performing the test. Did you add 5 drops of reagent B immiedietly after 5 drops of A?
- Color change. Observe results in daylight, from a side, with Test Tubes half-standing on flat white surface. Try to compare samples with each other.
- How many tests can you get from one test kit? The basic CBD & THC test kit comes with enough Solvent for 14 tests and enough reagents for up to 40 (with additional Solvent). Each one test equals 5 drops of reagents Cannabis A and B each, and 6 ml of Solvent fluid (8 ml for extracts).
How to check if reagent for testing THC & CBD works?
- Test legal hemp and compare color reactions with instructions.
- Keep a sample to compare later in case of doubt. If control sample reacts fine, it means the reagent still works.
Looking where to buy a different reagent test?
- Single-use test kits – 3,9 EUR per test, FREE SHIPPING
- Multiple-use reagents – individual reagents, just cents per test
- Fentanyl test strips – learn how to test cannabis for fentanyl
- …or check out the guide “What is the best reagent test?” and choose from all available SIN reagent test kits
SIN THC Potency Test was calibrated using reference standards and TLC:
Results of the reagent calibrated by SIN are proportional to results of thin layer chromatography Alpha-CAT test. Taking into account various factors, such as different light, experience etc. we estimate a 3% error margin.
Reagents contain hydrochloric acid and other harmfull chemicals. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Keep away from children. Always use in a well-ventilated area. Wear gloves (supplied) when handling the bottle and cap. Wear protective eyewear. Never point towards face etc. If you get some on you/clothing, then immediately wash with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda (supplied), ventilate. Store all testing kits away from any heat in a cool, dark place between uses. The average shelf life of 1 year can be significantly extended by storing in a freezer (warm to room temperature before use).
A positive or negative CBD & THC test result does not indicate if a substance is safe. No substance is 100% safe.