How to use a reagent test kit: if you intend to use a synthetic psychoactive substance, first you need a test kit to check it for adulterants. Chemicals can’t be identified by appearence. To test use reagent tests like Marquis, Mecke and Froehde in single-use or multiple-use test kits. Using a set with different reagents helps detect adulterants – 90% will react with 1 out of 3 reagents, and 95% with 1 out of 5.
Reagents presumptively indicate PRESENCE, but not PURITY or QUANTITY. A positive or negative test result does not mean that the substance is safe. No substance is 100% safe.
What test kit do I need?
|SAMPLE||RECOMMENDED TEST KIT|
|Any powder||primary test – Marquis|
primary test – Froehde
secondary test – Mecke
How should I use a reagent test kit?
BEFORE using a reagent test kit
- It’s RECOMMENDED to record the reaction to compare later
STEP ONE for testing powder/crystal
- Take and finely crush a small piece, no bigger than a head of a needle – like this •.
- Put it on a suitable testing plate, preferably a spot test plate or the bottom/underside of a ceramic mug (example). *If using single-use vials insert the sample and observe, as the reagent is already within.
- Add one (or two) drops of Marquis reagent test on the sample and wait for the results.
How to use a reagent test kit?
- Check test results with Marquis test kit instructions.
- Injecting. If you inject you especially need to test each and every dose for fentanyl. It’s best to test the spoon (or cooker) residue.
- Fizzing. Any synthetic drug in a form of salt will bubble with most reagent tests, which are strong acids. If you see only fizzing instead of color change, that can indicate presence of a new psychoactive substance.
- Speed of the reaction does not indicate quantity nor purity. However, if you are having trouble interpreting your result try using a bigger sample or crushing it better before testing.
- How many tests can you get from one test kit? A multiple-use test kit lasts up to 100 (5 ml) or 200 (10 ml) tests. Each drop equals one test. A single use-test kit contains 2 disposable ampoules (2 tests).
Looking where to buy a reagent test kit?
- Single-use reagent test kits – 3,9 EUR per test, FREE SHIPPING
- Multiple-use reagent test kits – just cents per test, set of 3-11 reagents
- …or check out the guide “What is the best reagent test?” and choose from all available SIN reagent test kits
A positive reaction does not indicate if the substance is safe. Learn more at erowid.org.