How to test mephedrone: if you intend to use mephedrone, first you need a mephedrone test kit to check it for adulterants. Pure mephedrone can look white or clear, and can’t be identified by appearence. To test mephedrone use reagent tests Marquis, Mecke, Liebermann, Froehde and Zimmermann or Simon’s multiple-use test kits. To detect fentanyl or test for fentanyl analogs it’s recommended to use fentanyl test strips.
Drug tests presumptively indicate PRESENCE, but not PURITY or QUANTITY. Use different tests to improve accuracy and to detect adulterants – 90% of adulterants will react with 1 out of 3 reagents, and 95% with 1 out of 5.
A positive or negative test result does not indicate if the substance is safe. No substance is 100% safe.
What test kit do I need to test mephedrone (4-MMC)?
|SAMPLE||RECOMMENDED MEPHEDRONE TEST KIT|
|4-MMC / |
|primary test – Marquis|
primary test – Zimmermann
secondary test – Simon’s
secondary test – Mecke
secondary test – Liebermann
secondary test – Froehde
recommended test kits:
– multiple-use Mephedrone Test Kit
How can I test mephedrone?
BEFORE using a mephedrone test kit
- It’s RECOMMENDED to record the reaction to compare later
STEP ONE for testing mephedrone powder / crystals
- Take and finely crush a small piece, no bigger than a head of a needle – like this •.
- Put it on a suitable testing plate, preferably a spot test plate or the bottom/underside of a ceramic mug (example). *If using single-use vials insert the sample and observe, as the reagent is already within.
- Add one (or two) drops of Zimmermann reagent test part A, followed by one (or two) drops of Zimmermann part B (or other supplied reagent) on the sample and wait for the results.
- Check reagent test results in instructions.
How to use a mephedrone test kit?
- Check test results with Zimmermann test kit: if testing mephedrone there should be a slow purple to brown color change, which confirms the presence of a secondary cathinone (like 4-MMC or methylone).
- You can also use Simon’s test kit, which except for 4-MMC and derrivatives turns navy blue with any secondary amine like MDMA, meth or PMMA (cathinones change color slower than the rest).
STEP TWO testing mephedrone for adulterants
- Try reagents that that should NOT change color with mephedrone: Marquis, Mecke, Froehde or Robadope.
- Use Robadope to confirm primary amines like 2C-x, amphetamine, MDA or PMA.
- Use Simon’s to confirm secondary amines like methamphetamine, MDMA or PMMA (fast blue color change).
AFTER using a mephedrone test kit
- OPTIONAL: Pour baking soda over a finished reaction to neutralize used reagents.
- Wash testing surface under running water.
- Liquids. If your substance is not dry, evaporate the solvent before testing with reagents.
- Fizzing. Any synthetic drug in a form of salt will bubble with most reagent tests, which are strong acids. If you see only fizzing instead of color change, that can indicate presence of a new psychoactive substance.
- Speed of the reaction does not indicate quantity nor purity. However, if you are having trouble interpreting your result try using a bigger sample or crushing it better before testing.
- How many tests can you get from one test kit? A multiple-use test kit lasts up to 100 (5 ml) or 200 (10 ml) tests. Each drop equals one test. A single use-test kit contains 2 disposable ampoules (2 tests).
All mephedrone test results:
|MARQUIS||No color change|
|MECKE||No color change|
|FROEHDE||No color change|
|EHRLICH||No color change|
|HOFMANN||No color change|
|ROBADOPE||No color change|
|SCOTT||No full color change|
|ZIMMERMANN||Purple / Brown|
How to check if reagent for testing mephedrone works?
- Test any substance and compare color reactions with instructions. It’s easiest to use aspirin – Marquis reagent reacts to it with a slow pink or orange color change.
- Keep a sample to compare later in case of doubt. If control sample reacts fine, it means the reagent still works.
Looking where to buy a kit for testing mephedrone?
- Multiple-use Mephedrone test kit – just cents per test, set of 5 reagents
- Fentanyl test strips – learn how to test mephedrone for fentanyl
- …or check out the guide “What is the best reagent test?” and choose from all available SIN reagent test kits
How can I detect fentanyl?
BEFORE using a fentanyl test strip
- It’s RECOMMENDED to test each and every dose. Because of extreme potency (microgram range) fentanyl is never evenly mixed in.
STEP ONE for testing fentanyl powder / pills / spice
- Dissolve 100-200 mg in at least 125 ml of water (half a cup).
- Grab a test strip by blue end and insert it into the liquid, no higher than the blue line.
- Wait until liquid starts visibly moving up the test strip (up to 15 seconds).
- Put the test strip away on a flat dry surface and read the result in 2 minutes.
How to use a fentanyl test strip?
- Check test strip results: a single line confirms the presence of fentanyl, while two lines (even faint) rule it out.
- Faint line. Even faint second line result is enough to rule out the presence of fentanyl.
- Injecting. If you inject you especially need to test each and every dose. It’s best to test the spoon (or cooker) residue every time before use.
- How many tests can you get from one test kit? A single fentanyl test strip is enough for one test.
Looking where to buy a test kit for fentanyl?
- Reagent test kits – just cents per test, good for pure fentanyl
- Fentanyl test strips – tests for fentanyl and fentanyl analogs
List of all SIN guides how to test drugs:
How to test 2C-B?
How to test MDA?
How to test MDMA?
How to test LSD?
How to test DMT?
How to test THC & CBD?
How to test FENTANTYL?
How to test COCAINE?
How to test MESCALINE?
How to test KETAMINE?
How to test MEPHEDRONE?
How to test AMPHETAMINE?
How to test METHAMPHETAMINE?
How to test HEROIN & OPIOIDS?
How to test an UNKOWN substance or RCs?
A positive reaction does not indicate if the substance is safe. Learn more at erowid.org.